14 Examples Of Modern Beach Houses From Around The World
Beach houses, whether on the shores of the actual ocean or sitting lakeside, are one way to ensure a fun and relaxed lifestyle. How could you ever feel stressed out while gazing out you living room window admiring the calmness of a lake or the rela sound of ocean waves.
Here are 14 examples of modern beach houses that promote relaxation and appreciation for beauty of a shoreline.
1. This Australian beach house opens on all sides to generate a cooling cross breeze during hot summer days.
designed this small beach house. Photography by .
2. Sitting on the top of a grassy hill, this holiday house offers incredible views of the Whangarei Heads on the North Island of New Zealand.
designed this modest holiday home. Photography by .
3. Huge glass windows around this beach house provide uninterrupted views of the Mediterranean ocean in front of it.
designed this Mediterranean beach house. Photography by .
4. A large swimming pool and plenty of palm trees give this Miami beach house a tropical feel that can be enjoyed even when it’s a less than perfect day.
designed this modern Miami beach home.
5. The mixture of materials and textures on the exterior of this Australian beach house give it a modern look and help make the most of the views of the ocean while maintaining privacy from the street.
designed this Australian beach house. Photography by .
6. This South African beach house is as close to the sea as it possibly can be and opens completely to make it feel like you’re on the beach even while you’re cooking dinner or lounging on the sofa.
designed this contemporary beach house. Photography by .
7. Surrounded by sand and overlooking the ocean, this California beach house has clean angles and colorful details that give it a fun, modern vibe perfect for the young family living in it.
designed this family beach house. Photography by .
8. The entire back wall of this New York beach home is made of glass to offer views of the ocean and let in as much natural light as possible.
designed this beach house in Southampton. Photography by Speigler Wong Photography.
9. This family beach house in Washington State sits on steel columns to allow for the possibility of mudslides or a rising tide.
designed this coastal island home. Photography by .
10. This Australian beach house has been designed so that different parts of the house can be opened and closed at different times, depending on the weather and the needs of the family living in the home.
designed this Australian beach house. Photography by and .
11. The pool at the front of this contemporary beach house in Peru is contained in a cube that overlooks the Misterio Beach and out to the sea beyond.
designed this Peruvian beach house. Photography by Juan Solano / CHOlon Photography.
12. Not only can the beach be seen from the interior of this Vietnamese beach house but the roof of the house, featuring the perfect party location, also offers views of the nearby ocean.
designed this tropical beachfront villa. Photography by .
13. As guests approach the entrance to this lakeside beach cottage they’re greeted by a perfectly framed view of the lake out back.
designed this Lake Michigan beach cottage. Photography by Daniel Kabara Photography.
14. Light wood paneling covers the exterior of the Australian beach house that opens up wide to show off the incredible views of the beach.
designed this timber clad home. Photography by .
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here